Unique American Gold Quartz Earrings
What can compare to the emotions generated by possessing a piece of American history? Not many can rightly make that claim, yet this pair of antique earrings marks an event that changed the course of the United States--the discovery of gold in California. Gold-in-quartz was formed while the earth was still in its molten state. During its cooling and solidification process, veins of gold sometimes became trapped with the crystals of quartz. Much of the gold discovered in California was found in gold-bearing quartz. As a result of the Gold Rush skilled jewelers and goldsmiths flocked to San Francisco to take full advantage of the newly uncovered “raw material”. Thus evolved a type of American jewelry made only in San Francisco between 1850 and the early 1900s.
Measuring just less than ¾ of an inch in diameter (1.8 cm) with original ear wires that rise ¾ of an inch from the surround of the body of the earring, this pair of difficult to find American earrings is set with beautiful white quartz with veins of 14 k gold running throughout. Intricate twisted gold rope sets off the border and a natural seed pearl crowns the center of each earring. In excellent condition and dates to the Victorian era. Quite an unusual find and a rare treat. The era of gold quartz came to an end around 1906, undoubtedly precipitated by the great San Francisco earthquake.
Forms of Payment
- VISA and MasterCard, Discover and American Express credit & debit cards.
- Personal checks drawn on U.S. banks only - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
- Money orders, cashier's and traveler's checks - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
Other Forms of Payment
Bank Wire - For international orders and orders of $5,000 and over. Please contact us for more details.
FREE SHIPPING WORLDWIDE!
Same day shipping - Order by 1 pm CST!
FREE for All U.S. Orders - Standard 2-3 Day Shipping.
FREE for All International Orders - Standard 2-7 Day Shipping.
Full details at Shipping & Insurance.
Complete Money Back - No Risk Guarantee
If for any reason whatsoever you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, we will refund the FULL purchase price including U.S. shipping if charged. Remember, there is no charge for our regular shipping service!
International Orders - Due to customs and paperwork requirements, return shipping charges cannot be reimbursed.
- Notify us of your intention to return the item within three (3) days of receipt. You may contact us by email or by telephone.
- Please ship back to us within another two (2) days after we receive notification from you.
- As soon as the item is received, a full refund is issued to you that same day.
More details at Full Guarantee including gift giving options.