Antique Cut Steel Butterfly Hair Comb
In the later decades of the Victorian era two-pronged tortoiseshell hair pins were favored. The heads of hair pins and combs were as fanciful as were the brooches of the time. Hummingbirds, peacocks, and of course, butterflies took flight as the popular motif in jewelry for the hair. Hinged to allow for multiple positioning, cut steel is the medium chosen for the winged design. A steel base secures the head to the pin.
Measures 4-1/2 inches (11.6 cm) in total length; the butterfly is 2-1/4 inches (5.7 cm) in width by 1-13/16 inches (4.7 cm) in length. In very good to excellent condition; very small amount of expected surface patina yet still shimmering and very bright. Dates to circa 1870 - 1880 and is possibly English in origin.
Forms of Payment
- VISA and MasterCard, Discover and American Express credit & debit cards.
- Personal checks drawn on U.S. banks only - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
- Money orders, cashier's and traveler's checks - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
Other Forms of Payment
Bank Wire - For international orders and orders of $5,000 and over. Please contact us for more details.
FREE SHIPPING WORLDWIDE!
Same Day Shipping - Order by 1 pm CST M-F!
FREE for All U.S. Orders - Standard 2 Day Shipping.
FREE for All International Orders - Standard 2-7 Day Shipping.
Full details at Shipping & Insurance.
Complete Money Back No-Risk Guarantee
If for any reason whatsoever you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, we will refund the FULL purchase price including U.S. shipping if charged. Remember, there is no charge for our regular shipping service!
International Orders - Due to customs and paperwork requirements, return shipping charges cannot be reimbursed.
- Notify us of your intention to return the item within three (3) days of receipt. You may contact us by email or by telephone.
- Please ship back to us within another two (2) days after we receive notification from you.
- As soon as the item is received, a full refund is issued to you that same day.
More details at Full Guarantee including gift giving options.